Coronavirus / COVID-19 Training Update
At Tiny Emergency your safety is our number one priority, so when attending face to face classes we have carefully followed the latest critical guidance for classroom training from the FAA (First Aid Awards) and Resuscitation Council UK.
Prior to training, you 'must not' attend training if you, or a member of your household, have symptoms of COVID-19 or have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
The symptoms include a new and persistent cough, fever, and loss of smell and/or taste.
Please contact Tiny Emergency if you have any doubts or questions about this.
· Each learner on the course will have their own ‘training station’, and this can be socially distanced if they wish, or in accordance with current COVID guidelines.
· Learners will be provided with their own gloves, resuscitation shields, alcohol wipes, and bandages to use during the course.
· Adaptions to the assessment of first aid qualifications will be made. It is still a requirement to teach rescue breaths in CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation). Learners will have resuscitation shields for practicals, and where possible their own manikin to use during the course.
· If possible, a one way system will be set up for moving around the classroom training area, including toilets, entrances and exits.
· Hand sanitiser or suitable handwashing facilities will be readily available for all learners to use during the course.
· Class sizes will be limited in line with current COVID guidelines, and taking into account the classroom training area.
· All training equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised, and manikin lungs will be replaced after every course.
Tiny Emergency, and all learners in the classroom, must comply with the NHS and government current COVID guidelines. We ask that you contact Tiny Emergency if you, or a member of your household, display symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of completion of training.
Please feel comfortable to ask me any questions you may have.